Slough is a London commuter town situated on the western fringes of London and a stone’s throw from Windsor Castle and Heathrow Airport. The much anticipated Crossrail, which connects London from east to west, will soon slash commuter times with its ultra-modern fleet of new trains. Slough is able to offer London workers affordable and aspirational homes to rent or buy in a location that is convenient for international and regional travel.
With over 70 parks and outdoor spaces, prestigious golf clubs and the beauty of nearby Windsor town, it also appeals to those who enjoy the quintessentially English countryside. Slough is also home to one of the UK’s largest employment hubs, the Slough Trading Estate, with 400 international businesses — including the likes of Ferrari and GoDaddy — employing around 20,000 people. Employment opportunities are booming in Slough, making it an ideal property investment destination for those looking for reliable tenants, growing rental income and capital appreciation.
Property values in Slough grew 29% over 2017 and 2018 and the ‘Crossrail Effect,’ research carried out by JLL, forecasts that capital growth will up to 14.8% by 2024. Slough is expected to spike again once Crossrail arrives, and the area becomes even more in demand and popular with the London commuter market. Local agent Foxtons has indicated a 7.39% growth in Slough property prices over 2019.
In Slough, rental yields for buy let investors sit between 4-5%. This is also forecasted to increase in line with tenant demand, as buyers and renters are out-priced out of new homes market in London and are drawn to Slough. Due to its fantastic location and affordability, Slough's population is expected to grow by 18,000 by 2036.
Homes in Slough are over 40% cheaper than in London.
Slough is in the TOP 3 commuter hotspots in the UK (Jackson Stops). Slough is just 16 minutes away from London Paddington and is also part of the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail).
Voted "Best Place to Live and Work" in the UK for three years running (Glassdoor).
London Mayor’s Housing target is 65,000 new units per year, but London is developing under half of that. This is placing upward pricing pressures on London’s housing stocks, making homes unaffordable to buy or rent for many people who work and live in London. Over here at Click Properties, we work towards reducing these distressing effects of London's housing crisis.
Slough is only 16 minutes by train to London Paddington, and the new Crossrail train service will dramatically shorten commuter times to major London employment hubs such as Canary Wharf. A new rail link will also cut journey times to just six minutes between Slough and Heathrow airport.
• 4 - From Slough, four trains per hour serve central London and beyond.
• 6 - This number increases to six trains per hour at peak times.
• 32 - A Slough to LondonBond Street journey takes 32 minutes direct.
• 38 - A Slough to London Liverpool Street journey takes 38 minutes direct.
• 46 - A Slough to London Canary Wharf journey takes 46 minutes direct.
• 1.5 million - The number of people who will now live within 45 minutes of central London.
• 66% - The price of properties within a mile of stations along the Crossrail has already risen by 66% since 2009, 15% more than the rest of London.
• £42bn - The impressive benefit to UK's economy.
The Slough Trading Estate is a key hub of employment and economic activity, being west of London and near to Heathrow, the UK’s largest airport. It is also the largest trading estate under single ownership in Europe. Slough prides itself on supplying its own environmentally-friendly electricity via a power station fuelled by woodchip and biomass. The Slough Trading Estate also benefits from having its own reservoir, which is replenished by the site’s water wells.
Some current numbers can be found below:
• There are 4,600businesses and 87,000 jobs in Slough.
• A £3 billioninvestment went into the town centre's urban renewal.
• A 660,000sq ftredevelopment originated the two town centre shopping centres, all delivered by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.
A total of £3 billion investments went into regeneration and growth. This means that the capital values of new homes in Slough are forecasted to increase by 14.8% by 2024 (source: JLL).
Slough is undergoing a massive regeneration programme led by Slough Urban Renewal (SUR), who are driving innovations across town through a broad range of leisure, housing, community and school projects. The Curve, for example, is an award-winning cultural centre which opened in 2016 as part of a new creative and technology hub. The Centre, another leisure favourite, features two swimming pools and a state of the art gym.
• Click Properties' Aspire development, located in Slough town centre, offers the perfect opportunity for investors and first-time buyers.
• Its location counts with stunning views of Windsor Castle and Eton College from an 8th storey roof terrace.
•Slough train station is only 5 minutes away.
•Concierge and parking are available.
• High-end finishes and luxury furniture packs are available.
• Due to the arrival of Crossrail, JLL has forecast a 14.8%i increase in Slough property values by 2024. Foxtons already reported a 7.39% rise in Sloughproperty values over the last year.
• Crossrail journeys from Slough: LondonPaddington (16mins), LondonBond Street (32mins), LondonCanary Wharf (45mins), London Heathrow (6mins).
• High tenant demand:Slough's population is expected to grow by 18,000 by 2036.
• Slough Rental yields between 4-5%, and is also forecasted to increase in line with ongoing tenant demand.
• A £3 Billionurban renewal and regeneration project, including ADIA’s purchase and redevelopment of the main shopping centre, is less than 100m from Aspire.
• Slough is voted the "Best Place to Live & Work" for 3 years running (source: Glassdoor).
• Slough has some of the UK’s top 100 top-performing secondary schools.
• Slough was named the best town to relocate to: it costs £66,000 less than London per mile. (source: Etopia Corby)
• Slough is definitely a trading hub. It is now home of Europe’s largest privately-ownedtrading estate, which equates to fantastic rates of employment and opportunity.
UK house prices hit their highest levels ever in July, according to mortgage lender Halifax this morning, but how much longer can rising values be sustained?By Louisa Fletcher, Property Expert for Express UK With the property market mini-boom in full swing and the Governor of the Bank of England, Andrew Bailey, providing a more positive than anticipated update yesterday about the general health of the economy, it would appear that consumer confidence is surging. As the &Read more
In his ‘Build, Build, Build’ speech in Dudley last month, Boris Johnson set out a number of radical planning reforms. This included the confirmation of the extension of permitted development rights to make it easier for people to build upwards. In March, housing secretary Robert Jenrick said in the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government's 'Planning for the Future' document that the government would introduce new permitted development rights for building upwards on exisRead more
In the weeks since the UK government confirmed that a new permitted development right (PDR) would allow upward extensions of two-storeys on existing blocks of flats, leading airspace developer, Click Above has witnessed a three-fold increase in enquiries from freeholders looking to realise the value of the development space above their existing investments. Coming into effect on August 1st 2020, the new PDR has been long mooted and subject to a lengthy consultation. In essence, it enables propRead more
Pent-Up Demand And “Mini-Boom” Evident As First-Time-Buyers And Investors Show Strong Interest In Slough CLICK, which is developing a landmark development in central Slough, has reported strong market interest in-light of the recently reported “Mini-Boom” in the housing market. Daily enquiries now stand at double the level experienced before the lockdown. The homes located on Herschel Street, will become known as Aspire and have already attracted a strong level of interRead more